Psychotic Rock Star

The melancholy life of the Psychotic wannabe Rock Star.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

flying away

It is my honest opinion that there are no more good horror flicks. I just spent the last few hours with Mel. (No one has noticed this but there is Mel which is not me, and then there is MeL which is me.)

We were in VideoEzy scouring the DVDs for a good horror flick that we both haven't seen. Of course we could have gone with something safe like Alyson Hannigan's Date Movie, which by the way showed much promise, or the animated Hoodwinked. But nooo we wanted to test our theory of how horror flicks are just too... cliché for us. Turns out we were right.

We landed up picking out Takashi Shimizu's Marebito. So with that, a bag of Doritos and cans of F & N Sarsi in hand, we watched the movie. Let me put it this way. it intrigued us in the beginning but in the end? IT MADE NO SENSE. NONE! NO SENSE AT ALL. It's one of those thinkers I suppose. But it was too muddled for us to really pick it apart. I couldn't decide whether the protagonist was deluded or it was just the movie itself. Mel thinks he suffered from dementia. None of our theories really made any sense but it made more sense than the film itself. There are however 2 things about it that I must applaud. The clever use of CG to bring to life Shaver's Deros and the fact that the movie was shot in 8 days with a... hmmm... a camera that any random person on the street would use.

The movie was creepy but still it did not have much of a plot. But it did have a point. If anything the only screaming consistency of it all was the fact that it was dripping in paranoia and curiosity. Curiosity that either brought the protagonist to insanity or was a result of his insanity. Either way, talking about it is going to drive me up the wall.

Oh just very quickly, I'd like to say Happy Birthday to Sean (27th Sept) and Shabeena (28th Sept). Sean, party on mate! I know you'll have shit loads of fun! And I so wish I were there!!! Shabz, drink drink drink smoke smoke smoke wake up, do it all over again.

Ok. Now to sample games of the PSP. Yes. Mel passed me his PSP. I doubt I'll be able to bring it with me to Australia though? Perhaps it's about time I get my own. Speaking of own, I must find my camera!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home