Psychotic Rock Star

The melancholy life of the Psychotic wannabe Rock Star.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

in attempts to get sleepy

Walking After You, The Foo Fighters
me
So as it turns out I find myself bored and since old habits die hard I'll start this again. Dreaming aloud is one of the things that I haven't been doing in a while. I miss the days where my dreams were real. You know, sometimes I wonder if all of us really need someone around not all the time but most of it. But most of us are too conscious to bother the people we care about when we need someone to talk to. And sometimes it's not just anyone that we want, but specific person(s). Things just won't do. They just won't.

I do wonder though, what really is the point in chasing after things that we want. Is it really worth it in the end? Some things are I suppose. But is it as simple as chasing after our dreams or simply realizing that there are greater things out there than just what we want. I wonder if what we think is right for us really is what we should be doing.

Walk Like and Egyptian, The Bangles
the other
Now there is one fun song. I have to admit I've never paid attention to the lyrics until now :P But now that I'm paying attention to it, this is just another one of those 'youcanttakeittooliterally' songs. It's so... mundane. Life. And don't even get me started on the stereotypes. It's like you are a part of the 'sheep' life style and you're desperate to get out of it. You know you want to but you some how still end up living each day like everyone else. We're pretty much the same in that sense. The only difference is optimism and pessimism. Life itself is subjective. We all see only what we want to see and the only way we can understand is through our own perceptions. It's hard to find an undeniable truth because at the end of the day, every thing that we know and are was at one point taught to us by someone else. So my question then is this: what is real?

Fools in Love, Inara George
you
Meh.... I don't really want to get into the topic of trying to define love. I can't. But there's one thing that I notice about everyone who has been or are in love. It's... like an addiction isn't it? Everything you say and do has someone else in mind. I wonder if people do things for themselves when they are in love. I wonder if I do. I can't quite answer that one either. The song describes it as quite pathetic. I can't disagree either. See, at the end of the day, half the time you end up living for someone else, someone else who's not necessarily going to be around forever. But can we really choose to be selfish and live for ourselves? I have recently come to realize that ultimately, the choices we make are hardly ever in consideration of just ourselves. Some of us choose the more obvious roads while others take a different path that the rest of us can't help but frown upon for the sole reason that we wouldn't do the same thing let alone understand. Lately, I've been trying to see things from a different point of view. A pseudo out of body experience for lack of a better explanation. As a result I've discovered that while we all exist in one world, each of us live in our own bubbles that sometimes crosses others'. So you can't honestly say that you live your life purely for yourself.

Faint, Linkin Park
2 + 1
People are what their emotions allow them to be. There's no helping it really. Emotions aren't things that have switches. Even as we shove and hide things, they still remain only waiting for the day that you lose your strength to hide it away and then they explode on you. We can only hope that it doesn't end up one big mess. I used to think that as long as you don't place expectations on other people, you can't really be disappointed. However, I also found that it's quite impossible not to place expectations. We do. Even though we try not to. Perhaps it's human nature. Or maybe it's just simply... my nature. I can't quite decide on that one.

If, Bread
3 + 1
Sometimes I feel like I have so much to say to some people but when given the chance to, I can't find the words that correctly place my thoughts. They always end up coming out all wrong and as a result create a mess that I don't have the capacity to contain. Some of us are lucky, to have at least once in your life, found someone who you can honestly say you want to help breathe. Not in a literal sense of course.
Think about it. Haven't you met someone that suddenly out of the blue mattered more to you than you thought possible? It doesn't have to be someone you're in a relationship with (even though more often than not it is so). I think I found one person. Just one person to give the stars to. Whether or not they want it however, is another story altogether.

Someday I'll Be Saturday Night. Guns N Roses
1 +2
Ultimately all we really have a choice to do is to take things one day at a time. It's possible to plan for the future but more often than not, things don't always go according to plan. It doesn't mean that we don't try to and even when it does flop, we still find it in ourselves to get up and keep going. Some of us right away and some of us make a pit stop and take inventory. As much as we get stuck in life, there's no such thing as no way out. It only looks impossible to move forward but... time doesn't allow us to freeze in place. All we can do is make an imprint of what was.

Where is the Love, Black Eyed Peas
1+ 3
Has it ever occurred to us that we talk about our problems like they're hell on earth when there are millions of people out there who are in worse off situations. I think I really am quite fortunate despite the hypocrisy that is so prevalent. I'm trying to look for myself in the little things. I mean, if something can make me smile, even for a little while, it can't really be that horrible can it? I'm still searching for a small space that could be home. The common factor is that deep down, we all... love.

Stranded, Jennifer Paige
2 x 1
I was talking to my brother yesterday. He told me that it's ok to be sad. But it's not ok to let the sadness trap us in an unending spiral that makes us feel like we can't bare existence. We all make mistakes in our lives and we end up learning from them. And with regards to finding people to share our beings with, we keep finding someone better and better. But. Sometimes, it doesn't have to be someone new. It could very well be someone old, someone who's been there all this time and you never saw it or you never wanted to accept it. The only thing is, you can't let fear cloud your vision or stop you from taking risks. Life would be pretty boring if you didn't take that leap of faith every once in a while.

In other words, some things are worth waiting for. Some things are worth fighting for. And some things are worth living for. Besides, living is a lot harder than dying.

Passenger, Iggy Pop
3 x 1
I'm sure you've heard of the saying that life is like a roller coaster right? I kinda disagree. It's not just up down and hope you don't throw up along the way. It's... like a road trip kind of. An unplanned one or better yet, one that you don't know the destination. It wouldn't be fun if you did. And along this trip you meet other people along the way some stick around a while and get off and others ride with you and others are just traveling the same road. Like a hitch hiker that you've grown acquainted with, they must at some point leave. And move off to wherever the hell it is that they're going. It's impossible to predict that you'll meet them along the way again. But then again, while it's... not plausible, it is entirely possible. Some times stopping to breathe is a good thing. No one's gonna tell you that you can't or you aren't supposed to. Do what you want, when you want, however you want. It's your life to live, you decide who you're living it for and who you want to live it with.

Beware! Criminal
1 x 2
How soon can you tell when it's right to trust people? Can you look them in the eye and know that they are real? It's hard to tell isn't it? Simple logic states, you came, you saw and you might have conquered. Might have only because not everything is really worth conquering.

Another Way to Die, Jack White & Alicia Keys
1x 3
You come and you go. It's been that way. You let me in then you shut me out. It's not new. It's quite old really and it's getting to be quite boring. But... like I said, sometimes I like to sit and wait. Just to see what'll happen next. This time, I'm ready for it. I'd like to say that you can't surprise me but you always do. I just hope that this time, i really am being paranoid.

Btw, I REALLY like this song :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home