Psychotic Rock Star

The melancholy life of the Psychotic wannabe Rock Star.

Friday, July 08, 2005

I spent a good part of the evening trying to decipher the ridiculous transport system that is the metlink. There ARE NO STREET NAMES on the WEBSITE. It is quite amazing isn't it? But yes, I have figured out what where is. More or less. My mum and I went on the tram. Another irritating thing about it is this stupid card thing. They tell you to buy and then you don't use but then you pay exuberant amounts for it. Transport in Melbourne in my opinion is rigged in such a way that you have to know how to drive in order for anything to be remotely convenient. And then there's the matter of the traffic jams because everybody only seems to rush when they're trying to get home and at no other time. We shall see eh?

I have yet to call up my cousins or friends who are here. I keep thinking of doing it but then I realise that I can't because it's too ex for them to return the call unless I call from my desk phone but even then I don't understand the whole phone rate system. I shouldn't get charged differently for calling a handphone number right? I think. I don't know. I really don't know at this point. Very confusing. Heh...

And so if anyone really wants to know here are a list of things that I need/want/am trying to track down. Any form of monetary help would be greatly appreciated. (I know it won't really happen but it's worth a shot eh?)

- Plain biscuits
- Glue off
- Ice Cream (Preferably Ben and Jerry's newest flavour. The Oatmeal cookie one with the cinnamon. If you've not tried it, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! GOGOGOGO!)
- CHEEZLE!!
- soup. Preferably broth-like soup in tins. Or something tasting REMOTELY Asian. Chinese otherwise. (wtf @ "Singapore Noodles". It does not exist!! It does not!!! The picture looks like friend mee kia!)
- Sausages (what else am I supposed to eat with my sambal??)
- More Sambal Belachan. ONE BOTTLE IS NOT ENOUGH!!
- Luncheon Meat. (What...)
- Neverwhere DVD (which I will be getting online at some point)
- Bacon (For those of you who remember and understand the inuendo associated with bacon, no. I still do not have bacon.)
- a new phone. This KNN is dying. Literally.

My brother did something very nice for me today. He actually went and did a little prayer thing. It's simple but it was sweet. So all of my immediate family, Adam included, spends a bit of time at 8pm Singapore time to pray. All at the same time. Now that is something sweet. Had to stop myself from flooding my room. Again. I know it's only gonna get harder when mom leaves. I'm trying to prep myself for it. I really am. But... I should live for now shouldn't I? I should.

Anyways, tomorrow I am going to try 2 different routes to get out to the city so that well... I know how to get there faster and when I need to, I can go disturb Shereena or something ahaha. Speaking of which... I still haven't called Jon or Anita. Heh... Ah well... I think I shall just hit friendster and let them know now :)

All the same, if you want to reach me, you SHOULD already know how.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home