Psychotic Rock Star

The melancholy life of the Psychotic wannabe Rock Star.

Monday, August 30, 2004

Finding My Way

What is perfection? A complete facade if you ask me. Ok, I know I live a pretty good life when I don't dwell on things. (Thanks Mary-Ann!) No, really. Look at my life. I have everything I want and more. I have everything I need. I have the things I've always wanted. I have Mass Comm, a dream that I've made a reality. I have UrbanWire, the one thing that drew me into Mass Comm in the first place. I have my angels, the ones who I trust with my deepest darkest secrets. Quirky, lovable and utterly supportive of all the stupid things I do. They are the ones I depend on most, the ones I'd gladly lay down my life for. I have my love. Someone who I've known for a while and for some reason I find myself completely devoted to him. And he is to me. The one thing that I do have that I don't like is insecurity and the innate inability to just not let people get to me. Sad that I lost that one virtue eh? Among all that, I have an abundance of friends who have on more than one occasion jumped to my defence and jumped in to save my ass. I have a God that loves me even though I'm probably the most unreligious choir girl of the lot. I have my voice back. (w00t) I have my writings. I have my outlets. My guitar my powerbook. The love of my family. I have a future. I have a plan. Sure I'm going to Melbourne and I'll be away from most of the people I love. But the distance and time will do me good on some strange level I suppose? It'll build trust. Something that I need to work on. Even when I'm in Melbourne, I have a friend who I can count on. My cousin, Anita who I love to death. Technically I will have my degree in the next oh... 3 years? After a max of 4 years, I would have graduated with a Degree in Psychology minoring either sociology, law or journalism. I'm not sure which yet. At the rate thigns are going now, they're rocky but I think I have my ideal life. All I need to get rid of is this ridiculous insecurity which is completely stupid coz there's nothing to be insecure about. And like Prasad and I were talking about, in 5-6 years, the lot of us will be starting to get wedding invites. We'll be what... 25-26 then. Degree holders. Media practitioners. See how my life rocks yet? Stupid Mel, things have been going just great the whole time. You just didn't notice.

Listening to: Downfall by Matchbox20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home