Psychotic Rock Star

The melancholy life of the Psychotic wannabe Rock Star.

Thursday, April 07, 2011

2 can keep a secret if 1 of them is dead

For as modern a society as we are today, we are still bound by simple and complicated ties as we have had since creation. And that's what this is about. Creation. We are a product of breeding and lineage that swears an allegiance before we are old enough to swear anything at all.

From first breath we are trained to do nothing but obey. Curiosity is frowned upon. Ironic considering children themselves are the most perceptive and curious of creatures. (Yes, creatures.) Strangely enough, we were all at that stage once and yet as we get older we cannot begin to understand what must go through a child's mind. Have we forgotten? I do not believe so, instead we are trained to forget. And this concept transcends into every aspect of our daily lives. We are first trained to obey our parents and then society, with many other things in between. Even as I sit and type, I am bound to obey the laws of grammar and quite frankly I am not sure who trained me for that or when.

I long to be free. As superfluous and impossible as that line is, I still long for it and I don't think I'm any different from the rest in my wanting. More often than not I do feel like I'm nothing more than a waste of space and I miss the simple security I used to have. The loneliness and emptiness is so deafening that the smallest of things can and have set me off.

Having said that, I do not feel the need to be liked/loved by everyone. That's probably the furthest thing from what I'd like. I suppose what I'm really getting at is, where do we stop obeying? At what age do we reach before we are capable of fighting back? When do we stop to say enough is enough? Everybody has a breaking point and I'm not saying that I've reached mine, but what gives person a right to govern over another? Having sired them? I seriously hope not. For whatever future I may behold, if that is what's going to happen, I'd rather end it all right now.

PS: Californication isn't too bad. It's thoroughly annoying but there are times that I find it manageable. However, I do sincerely hope that the people I care of do not turn out that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home