Psychotic Rock Star

The melancholy life of the Psychotic wannabe Rock Star.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

drugs and such

That's it. It has gone way too far. Have no idea what I'm talking about? Well, it's about the whole death penalty issued to Van, this Vietnamese - Australian guy who was caught for drug trafficking.

There are a lot of people out there who are very much against the death penalty. I used to be one of them. But are we honestly going to let this guy go even though he brought Heroin in? Sorry, but I don't think so. Those of you who have had close brushes with drugs or druggies or the likes know better than the rest who have never had any such experience. Of course we can't blame the guy for Singaporeans or anyone who take drugs but that's besides the point. He knowingly brought it in. I'm pretty sure he is aware of the consequences of bringing drugs into ANY country.

His family and friends have my sympathies but letting him go is threatening the laws that keep this country safe. I'm not one to be nationalistic but there are some things that I won't stand for.

I don't understand why there are so many who are against this 'punishment'. Yes, we aren't God and we have no real right to say when someone is going to be killed. I saw on the news in Australia a while back that the Australian government is also petitioning for him to be returned to Australia. Let's just put it this way, if the tables were turned, would they do the same to whoever it is who brings drugs into Australia? This is Australia we're talking about. A country who's airport is so strict that many things are under their quarantine list to the point that even commercially bottled food or sauces have to be declared. What are they going to do? Ask people to declare illegal drugs and let them in? I don't think so.

So the next time any of you ask or get upset with me for thinking the way I do, try and understand where I'm coming from. Because unlike the lot of you, I happen to know what it's like watching someone succumb to smack let alone any other kinds of drugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home